Neoen - Millvale solar farm
Neoen, a French company specializing in renewable energy, wanted to host an event to mark the official energization of their Millvale solar farm in County Wicklow. This solar farm was unique, as it was the first in Irish history to be connected to the national grid. We were asked by Neoen, to assist in the organization of the event and ultimately making it the event itself a success as well as celebrating this historic occasion for renewable energy in Ireland.
Working closely with Neoen, FH Dublin devised a strategy for the event, which included arranging everything from event management, stakeholder engagement, liaising with Minister Eamon Ryan’s office, photography, and engagement with national, local and trade media.
It was key for Neoen to have in attendance Minister Ryan at this event, and FH worked tirelessly to ensure the Minister was available on the day, where he provided a short speech at the event location in Druids Glen before heading to the site to officially energize the solar farm.
Our work on this project for Neoen was a roaring success, and the following highlights demonstrate our teams hard work on this project:
- A number of key stakeholders and national media attended the event
- Significant coverage across national, local and trade media, as well as broadcast. 30 online articles and 4 national print articles including The Irish Independent and the Irish Examiner.
- Broadcast media hits included the RTE Six One News.
- A subsequent interview with the Neoen Director of Europe included in RTE’s ‘Hot Mess’ podcast, which also aired on the RTE Radio 1.
- We secured the presence of the Minister for the Enivronment, Climate and Communications, Mr. Eamon Ryan to officially energize the solar farm.